Monday, August 21, 2006

BBQ

James points out that in my Thoughts on Texas post below I fail to mention bar-b-que as one of the things I miss about Texas.

Boy is he right!

We've tried two places in Denver and neither of them measure up. (One of them even includes a Texas flag in their logo and Texas themed decor -- posers!) We picked these two locations because they are close to home and one of them was voted best BBQ in the Denver area.

Denver folks clearly don't know BBQ.

I've spotted one other place to try. Hmmmm -- maybe lunch tomorrow?

As an aside, for those of you traveling in the South, Kelly and I really like Sonny's "Real-Pit Bar-B-Q". They have locations from Florida to Louisiana to Kentucky.

Otherwise, if any of you know of a good BBQ joint in the Denver area please post a message here and let me know.

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading through your blog.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get a grip. You'll never get good barbecue outside the state of Texas. But you can get pieces of Texas mailed to you....County Line in Austin ships BBQ anywhere!

    https://www.airribs.com/comersus/store/combos.asp

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not BBQ, but you can get my favorite Italian food in all the world in Louisville, Colorado.

    Visit the Blue Parrot. It's awesome and the kids will love the giant meetballs.

    ReplyDelete